1 cup Poongar Red Rice
4 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond milk or other milk of choice
Chopped nuts and fruit for serving
- Rinse the Poongar Red Rice in cold water and soak it in water for 45 minutes.
- In a pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Drain the soaked rice and add it to the pot. Stir in some salt and cover the pot with a lid.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the rice cook for 45-60 minutes, or until the rice is very soft and the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Stir in the honey or maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Add the almond milk or other milk of choice and stir until well combined.
- Serve the porridge hot, topped with chopped nuts and fruit.
Electric rice cooker method:
Wash and clean the rice. Set the timer for rice atleast 30-40 minutes.