1 cup Mapillai Samba rice
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 broccoli, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 bell pepper,beans chopped
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Rinse the Mapillai Samba rice in cold water and soak it in water for 2 hours.
- In a pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Drain the soaked rice and add it to the pot. Stir in some salt and cover the pot with a lid.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the rice cook for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- While the rice is cooking, heat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, zucchini, and broccoli, beans to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the ground cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Serve the stir-fried vegetables over the cooked Mapillai Samba rice, garnished with chopped cilantro& Sesame seeds.