1 cup Kullakar Red Rice
2 cups water
2 tablespoons oil or ghee
1 onion, thinly sliced
1-inch piece of ginger, minced
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 green chili, capsium, carrot sliced
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1/4 cup frozen peas (optional)
Chopped cilantro leaves for garnishing
- Rinse the Kullakar Red Rice in cold water and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- In a pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Drain the soaked rice and add it to the pot. Stir in some salt and cover the pot with a lid.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the rice cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil or ghee over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until the onion is golden brown.
- Add the minced ginger, garlic, green chili, capsium, carrot, cumin seeds, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt to the skillet. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the cooked Kullakar Red Rice and frozen peas (if using) to the skillet. Stir until well combined and heated through.
- Garnish the pulao with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot as a side dish or main course.
Electric cooker rice method:
Wash and clean the rice. Cook the rice for 25 minutes in Rice cooker.