1 cup Kullakar Red Rice
1/2 cup split red lentils
4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1 tablespoon oil or ghee
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped cilantro leaves for garnishing
- Rinse the Kullakar Red Rice, split red lentils in cold water, and soak them in water for 60 minutes.
- Bring 4 cups of vegetable or chicken stock to a boil in a pot. Drain the soaked rice and lentils and add them to the pot. Stir in some salt and cover the pot with a lid.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the rice and lentils cook for 30-40 minutes, or until tender and the mixture is thick and creamy.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil or ghee over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the minced garlic, ground cumin, ground coriander, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the cooked Kullakar Red Rice and lentils to the skillet. Stir until well combined and heated through.
- Garnish the soup with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot.
Electric cooker rice method:
Wash and clean the rice. Cook it for 45 minutes according to its desired consistency in an electric rice cooker.