1 cup Karuppu Kavuni black rice
4 cups coconut milk
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped cashews
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
Pinch of salt
- Rinse the Karuppu Kavuni black rice in cold water and soak it in water for 1 hour.
- In a pot, combine the soaked rice and coconut milk. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the rice cook until tender and the coconut milk has been absorbed, stirring occasionally. This should take around 45 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir in the honey, chopped cashews, raisins, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt.
- Serve the rice pudding warm or chilled.
Electric cooker method:
Wash and clean the rice. Cook it for according to its desired consistency (25-30 mts) in an Electric rice cooker.