1 cup Kaatu Yaanam red rice
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 Cauli flower chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 can of coconut milk
2 tbsp red curry paste
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Rinse the Kaatu Yaanam red rice in cold water and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- In a pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Drain the soaked rice and add it to the pot. Stir in some salt and cover the pot with a lid.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the rice cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- While the rice is cooking, heat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, cauliflower, and carrot to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the red curry paste and cook for another minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring the curry to a simmer and let it cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the curry over the cooked Kaatu Yaanam red rice, garnished with chopped cilantro.
Electric rice cooker method:
Wash and clean the rice. Cook it for according to its desired consistency(20-25 mts) in an Electric rice cooker.
Brown rice Option:
Wash and clean the rice. Cook it for 20-25 mins according to its desired consistency in Brown rice Method.