Poongar or as we would like to call the “Pen Samba” that symbolizes women. Traditional red rice, unpolished packing the wholesome nutrition. This rice is known to play a vital role in balancing hormones.
- Helps to balance the hormones in women
- Helps pregnant women with normal delivery
- Increases the hemoglobin and boosts the immune system
- Rich in anthocyanin (an antioxidant) and Vitamin B1
- Suitable for meals, mixed rice, idli, dosa, and adai
Traditional Poongar or “Pen Samba” as we would like to call it, symbolizes feminity. One of the most treasured and lesser-known varieties of ancient rice from Tamil Nadu (Southern India). Every Ancient rice has a story behind its name. And so does Poongar. Poongar takes after “Poo” from Tamil, which means flower.